Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Weighing in



Meet my best friend and/or worst enemy. When numbers are low, I could kiss the damn thing. Spiked numbers mean feelings of failures and regrets and possible reasons why it could be broken. On my way to a healthy lifestyle I feel as though I should not base success on the number on the scale, but by my daily choices. Am I eating clean ? Did I get in enough exercise? Am I drinking enough water and getting in the proper nutrients? However, the scale is also a way to base my success on these choices.

The scale also has a way of popping up in the three places I'm at the most- home, work and the gym. Three places= five different scales. And I have no willpower to NOT step on everyone of them. I can tell you the difference in the scale at home to the one at work to the one at the gym and the difference between weighing in my workout clothes and work clothes and just before getting into the shower.

I'm going to have to really push to not focusing on that number. I don't want to be tied to the scale, but at this point, I kind of think it's my only choice :/

However, I really like this scale :)

What are some ways that you measure your successes in healthy living?


1 comment:

  1. Like that scale too! Don't get discouraged! Small successes will add to a large success! Keep your head up and keep going! It is worth it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by Best Web Hosting